NOTICE OF ELECTION
Horsham District Council
Election of a District Councillor
for the Ward listed below
|Ward||Number of District Councillor to be elected|
|Cowfold, Shermanbury and West Grinstead||One|
- Nominations Papers and other documents for the District Election may be obtained from the Elections Office, Horsham District Council, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham RH12 1RL (Tel: 01403 215126).
- Completed Nomination Papers and Candidates’ Consent to Nomination must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham RH12 1RL on any working day after the date of this notice but not later than 4pm on Thursday 26th April 2018.
- If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 24th May 2018 from 7am to 10pm
- Applications to register to vote or to vote by post or proxy should be made to Glen Chipp, Electoral Registration Officer at Horsham District Council, Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12 1RL based on the deadlines set out below:
|Application||Deadline for receipt|
|New applications to register to vote||Tuesday 8 May 2018|
|New applications to vote by post or to cancel or amend an existing postal vote or proxy appointment||5pm on Wednesday 9 May 2018|
|New applications to vote by proxy||5pm on Wednesday 16 May 2018|
|Applications for an emergency proxy vote||5pm on Thursday 24 May 2018|
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham RH12 1RL by 5 pm on Thursday 24th May 2018. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday 16th May 2018. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Wednesday 16th May 2018.
- The main issue of postal votes will commence on Thursday 10 May
Dated Wednesday 18 April 2018